Course Fee: £395 Exam Fee: £65 Total (Ex VAT): £460
Level 3 Certificate issued by The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
Course fees include course materials, exam fee, lunch and refreshments are provided on all 3 days of the course.
To equip supervisors with the knowledge, understanding and practical expertise to implement, maintain and monitor good food hygiene procedures. This course will also cover the requirements of HACCP and therefore help companies to demonstrate compliance Regulation (EC) 852/2004.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Unit Managers, Supervisors and Sous Chefs.
- Strengthens in-house food hygiene and food safety expertise
- Reduces business risk
- Raises food safety standards
- Helps to ensures compliance with legislation
A minimum of 18 hours instruction over 3 days. The training course includes lectures enhanced by visual materials. Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussions and group activities. Some activities will require independent or group research and the presentation of material.
- General introduction to food hygiene
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice
- Temperature control
- Workplace and equipment design
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- PPersonal hygiene standards of staff
- Contribution to staff training
- Implementation of food safety management procedures
- Food safety management tools
Course delegates are required to sit a 2 hour written examination on the last day of the course. Successful candidates receive a certificate from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
The next qualification after this Food Safety Awareness Course is the RSPH Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering Course.