Course Fee: £95
Exam Fee: £25
Total (Ex VAT) £120
Appointed Fire Marshall Certificate Issued by Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
To provide delegates with a fundamental knowledge of fire safety and of the specific duties and responsibilities as a company fire marshall.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All staff and managers who have been assigned duties as fire wardens within their organisation.
- Compliance with legislation
- Creating a safer working environment
This 1 day course includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and practical teaching aids. Delegates are encouraged to actively participate in discussions and group activities.
- Causes of fire in the workplace and fire hazards
- Characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- Fire control methods
- Means of escape
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Extinguishing fires and fixed fire-fighting systems
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Legal duties and penalties
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire safety inspections
- Role of the fire warden
- Induction briefings
Candidates are required to complete a multiple choice examination consisting of 30 questions on the same day.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles certificate from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).